Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Please Clothe The Sculptures in the Park

Sometimes I love writing the blog, because its fun to tell everyone about the awesome things that are happening and than there are those days where the last thing you want to do is recount what just happened. Not necessarily that it was so horrific, but just that its not a place where you want to revisit. So in order to fill you all in I am enlisting the help of some whoppers, a glass of Coke(maybe two), and some smooth jams. The past three days were irritating to say the least, and I must admit that at about 2pm today I was thinking of just how miserable this year in Korea is going to be. Amy and I were just so worn out from the drama and the talk and the stress...

breaking news our bathroom smells like the black death we just opened the door, oh my I wish I could post the smell, you are all lucky, anyways...

we were at another school training and basically this school was what I was afraid of getting in Korea. The teachers were teaching in two cities, the Director was nowhere to be seen, everyone didn't seem to care. Oh, it was so disheartening. We also are offically burnt out on Korean food, somewhere between the hamburger-steak (which still haunts me everytime I burp), and the smoked fat, I mean smoked beef (Korean meat is 75% fat and 25% meat), I just lost my appetite. We have been sneaking away to the local fast food joint the past two days for relief. All I know is that Saturday night get the door because Dominos will be running to bring me my birthday cheese only pizza!!! I guess today was a low point in the roller coaster we call Korea. The cherry on top was the sculpture park where we saw 20 naked statues in the most peculiar posses. But things started to turn for the better when Mr. Lee picked us up and we realized how blessed we were to have a Director who cared so much about us and about the children we were teaching. He took us back to our school and we met the kids (and the are all really funny and cute) and some of the teachers who are also very sweet and kind (Amy is even going shoe shopping on Saturday with a few of them). We than sat in the school and cracked jokes with Mr. Lee and got a glimpse of what I would be teaching on Thursday, and it was like night and day. It's funny how everything can get so low here and all you can do is laugh about how bad it is, and wonder what the heck you were thinking. And than how good it gets and how you realize that you are where you are suppose to be, and that we could be at a terrible school as well, but instead we are safe and blessed so abundantly.

On a lighter note here is a picture of our door halfway through Amy cleaning it, go Amy go.


Secondly, Im still working on the video of us entering our apartment at night, its just harder to upload than I ever thought, but this is must see tv, I'll put it up soon!

2 comments:

Sara Nanney said...

Amy...what a trooper you are! Is that the door to your apartment?

Benjamin + Amy said...

Yes sara it is our apartment door. Amy is # 1